It can be really embarrassing to fart in public, however, if it happens with close friends and family members, then you can usually make a joke about it.
Still, there are situations when farts can be super annoying. However, you need to realize they are bodily functions, the same as hiccups and burping.
Yet, there is more about them to know then just being funny and smelly. Thus, we are here to present you with some facts about farts that you probably might not have known.
Here are some amazing facts about farting
1. When we sleep during the night is the time when most of the farting happens.
2. Women fart less than men.
3. While ladies don’t fart as much as men, their farts tend to smell more since they have higher levels of hydrogen sulfide. This makes the air they produce better for your health as well.
4. Farts are made of hydrogen sulfide and this is why they are healthy for smelling.
5. Taking more of Gum and soda can make someone fart more.
6. The average number a person farts per day is 14 times.
7. The louder farts usually come from a tight sphincter.
8. Termites are the animals that produce the most farts. Then the cows, camels, elephants, dogs (retrievers and labs), zebras, and sheep.
9. People should not be embarrassed about farting in front of other people. This means that they are a healthy individual. In fact, if you do not fart at all you should seek medical help.
10. Your farts are considerably faster than you since they travel at 10ft/sec.
11. The average 14 farts a day can fill up a balloon.
12. The original meaning of fart is feortan as “break wind loudly”. This word was coined in 1755.
13. Fart is flammable – Yes, you can light a fart on fire
That is all about farts. As you can see there is more to farts that what you have heard. Also, it is healthy to do it, so do not shy away.