Microsoft founder Bill Gates and his wife Melinda Gates and fellow philanthropist Melinda on Monday night announced they are divorcing after a 27-year marriage.
The announcement comes two years after the divorce of Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, another of the world’s wealthiest people, and his wife MacKenzie.
Here are the important things you should know about Bill Gates and Melinda:
1. They met in the late 1980s when Melinda joined Bill’s Microsoft firm and have three children.
Bill Gates Finally Reacts To Alleged Microchips, COVID-19 Evil Theories
2. The two got married in Hawaii in 1994 after Bill Gates had weighed the pros and cons on a blackboard.
3. The couple runs Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which funds programmes in global health, gender equality, education, and other causes.
4. They dedicated $20 billion worth of Microsoft stock to the foundation as they sought to increase their commitment to philanthropy, Bill Gates wrote in a 2019 blog post.
5. The two are co-chairs and trustees of the foundation, which launched in 2000. The foundation has over $51 billion in assets, according to a tax filing.
Facebook Must Allow Donald Trump Access His Account -Bill Gates Reveals
6. Bill Gates owns 1.37% of Microsoft’s outstanding shares, which are worth more than $26 billion, according to FactSet.
7. The couple were creators, along with Warren Buffett, of the Giving Pledge, which involves giving away more than half of their wealth.
Follow us on Facebook
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.