The Federal Government has given an update on the rescue operation going on at the scene of the 21-storey building collapse in Ikoyi, Lagos.
Speaking to reporters on Thursday morning, Coordinator of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) in the South-West Region, Ibrahim Farinloye, said the death toll has risen from 22 to 36.
Farinloye stated that three women and 33 men have been confirmed dead in the collapse, bringing the total death recorded so far to 36.
The NEMA official added that a female and eight males have also been rescued so far by responders, adding that rescue operation is still ongoing.
“Out of the survivors, we have one female and eight male. Out of the dead, we have three female and 33 male dead bodies
“Rescue work is still ongoing and more hands have joined the rescue team,” he said.
Moe details Soon…
Follow us on Facebook
The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the author and forum participants on this website do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of Anaedo Online or official policies of the Anaedo Online.