Belgian professional footballer, Eden Hazard has reportedly rejected an offer to move to Newcastle United.
Hazard’s club side, Real Madrid is said to have accepted a £33.4million offer and £8.3m plus in add-ons, for the 30-year-old winger and attacking midfielder.
In another report, it was gathered that Real Madrid president, Florentino Perez, has accepted an offer of €40 million (£33.4 million), plus €10 million (£8.3 million) in add-ons, from Newcastle.
According to El Nacional however, the Belgian captain has maintained he will only leave Madrid for a top club such as the English Premier League side, Chelsea.
Anaedoonline.ng understands that Hazard participation and performance has dwindled in Spain since he departed Chelsea in 2019 for an initial fee of £88 million.
The player is understood to have suffered a series of injuries and this has affected his form.
Meanwhile, Gabon has sent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang back to Arsenal for medical examinations after he was diagnosed with heart lesions.
The 32-year-old had recently tested positive for COVID-19 but has returned to training since and felt healthy. Arsenal is still waiting for confirmation from the Gabon Football Federation.
The Premier League club said last week they had been in touch with Aubameyang and are confident his condition is not serious.
The Arsenal striker has missed Gabon’s first two group matches at this year’s Africa Cup of Nation and would also miss the final group game against Morocco on Tuesday.
The forward tested positive for coronavirus on his arrival in Cameroon for the tournament, but he returned a negative test last week before training on Thursday.
Aubameyang, along with team-mates Mario Lemina and Axel Meye, were shown to have “cardiac lesions” following fights with COVID-19.
Follow us on Facebook
The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the author and forum participants on this website do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of Anaedo Online or official policies of the Anaedo Online.