Chidinma is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, and performing artiste. Her journey to stardom started won the third edition of the Project Fame West Africa, that took place in 2010.
Chidinma was born on the 2nd of May 1991 in Ketu, Kosofe, Lagos State, to Mr and Mrs Ekile.
She hails from Imo State and is the sixth child of seven children of her parents.
Chidinma joined her church choir when she was ten years old, during this time, she was attending a primary school in Ketu. She also went to a secondary school in Ketu, before relocating to Ikorodu with her family.
Before Chidinma went for project fame audition, she was working as a business promoter in Lagos. At this time, she had not yet gone for her undergraduate studies. She intended to study mass communication at the University of Lagos, instead, she was offered admission to study sociology.
Chidinma had always dreamt of being part of the MTN Project Fame West Africa, so when the application for the third edition came out, her close friend helped her get to Ultima studio for the audition. She passed the audition and qualified to be part of the reality show with 17 other contestants.
The contestants had 10 weeks of training from musical professionals ranging from voice coaches, and inspirational speakers to established musicians, and music business service providers.
On the 26th of September 2010, Chidinma was announced as the winner of the contest. Winning the contest came with several benefits and prizes which included ₦2.5 million, a 2011 Toyota RAV4, and a production deal. She also signed an endorsement deal with MTN Nigeria in May 2013.
Chidinma released the album titled Chidinma in 2012 under Capital Hill Records. Cobhams Asuquo and Oscar Heman Ackah produced the album.
Am A Winner (with MTN Project Fame All-Stars), Jankoliko (featuring Sound Sultan) in the album Chidinma, Carry You Go in the album Chidinma, Kedike, Run Dia Mouth,
in 2012, she released hit songs like: Emi Ni Baller (featuring Tha Suspect and iLLBliss) which was a banger.
In 2013, she dropped Kite, Emi Ni Baller – Remix (featuring WizKid), Bless My Hustle (featuring Phyno), Jolly,Oh Baby, Sweet Like Shuga (with Flavour, KCee, Sound Sultan, and Professor). 2014 was also a success for her.
mrs Kedike as she is popularly called continued to announce her presence and it become more aware of what’s really worth her energy.
Some of her favourites quotes includes
“Learn all that you can but understand that you must learn from others without losing the core of who you are. Don’t get lost in the maze of life, and end up being different from what you were designed to be…”
“The devil cannot create! He has to use what is already created, he corrupts, disrupts, but cannot create. The wise woman learns his devices. Once you learnt what he’s trying to do, use your strength for positive purposes. Stop being seduced into using your abilities for what he’s trying to grow.”
“The harvest field that God wants to create is in your head. Amidst all your troubles, hold on to your field of dreams…”
“Enjoy who you are, there are some benefits that go along with being who you are and where you are, your father is the King and you’re his child.”
“Self-love! Self-care! Take care of yourself!”
Her hardwork started paying and she started getting nominations such as:
- Best Vocal Performance (Female) nominee at The Headies – 2012
- Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA) nominated her for Best Afro Pop – 2012
- Best Indigenous Concept nominee at the Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA) – 2012
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards nominated her as the Best New Act of the Year – 2012
- Best Pop/R&B Artist of the Year Nominee at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2012
- At the Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA), I Am Sorry was nominated as the Best Afro Hip Hop Video – 2013.
- Channel O Music Video Awards nominated Emi Ni Baller as the Most Gifted African West – 2013
- Nominated for Best Collabo at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2013
- City People Entertainment Awards nominated her as the Musician of the Year (Female) – 2013
- Best Collabo of the Year nominee at the City People Entertainment Awards – 2014
- City People Entertainment Awards nominated her as the Musician of the Year (Female) – 2014
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards nominated her for Best Pop/R&B Artist of the Year – 2014
- Female Artist of the Year nominee at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2014
- Best Music Video of the Year (Artist & Director) nominee at Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2014
- Nominated Oh! Baby – You & I (featuring Flavour N’abania) for Best Collaboration at the
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2014
- Nominee at African Muzik Magazine Awards for the Best Female West Africa – 2014
- MTV Africa Music Awards nominated her as the Best Female – 2014
some of the awards won by her includes:
- Kora Awards honoured her as the Best Female West African Act – 2012
- Best Pop Extra Video at the Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA) – 2013
- Asides being a singer and performer, Chidinma is an ambassador for MTN Nigeria, and Molped Nigeria, so she is expected to be worth millions. According to nigerianfinder.com,
Chidinma is worth $2.8 million
- lessons learnth from chidinma carrer is that You are never too small to dream big, and you are never too small to start achieving your big dreams.
Follow us on Facebook
The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the author and forum participants on this website do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of Anaedo Online or official policies of the Anaedo Online.