Former President Goodluck Jonathan is said to have acquired the APC presidential interest and nomination papers for 2023 on his own.
According to a story published by Anaedoonline.ng on SaharaReporters, the former president solicited Jigawa State Governor Mohammed Badaru for N200 million to buy nomination and expression of interest forms for him and for himself in order to fool Nigerians.
Despite his aides’ assertions that he is running for president in the APC, Anaedoonline.ng observed that Jonathan has attended multiple closed-door talks with the party’s leadership.
A few days ago, it was reported that a group of Fulani herdsmen had acquired APC presidential nomination papers for Jonathan. A development with which the former president had openly expressed his displeasure.
Jonathan, on the other hand, casts suspicion on Nigerians and his supporters after being seen a few seconds later with APC national chairman Abdullahi Adamu.
According to Anaedoonline.ng, the party had planned to screen presidential candidates on Sunday, but then declared that the procedure would be postponed.
The APC has stated that its presidential candidates will be screened on May 23.
Sulaiman Argungu, the party’s National Organising Secretary, confirmed this in a statement on Saturday.
“The screening for the presidential aspirants, we have so far 28 presidential aspirants.
“As you are all aware, some aspirants have started withdrawing their aspirations. By God’s grace, on the 23rd of this month, those who are left will be screened properly,” he had said.
According to reports, the decision was made to allow former President Goodluck Jonathan and others to submit candidacy forms after the time had passed.
The party has also informed the screening committee that no Presidential candidates will be screened.
According to a party insider who talked with Newsmen on Monday, the step was designed to favor Jonathan by delaying his nomination and expression of interest forms.
“They did that because they want to give room for Goodluck Jonathan and a few others to submit their forms after the deadline,” the source was quoted as saying.
“The party has also told the screening committee that they are not to screen Presidential aspirants,” he added.
Anaedoonline.ng recalls that Jonathan had a few weeks ago asked his supporters to watch out after he was asked if he would contest.
Follow us on Facebook
The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the author and forum participants on this website do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of Anaedo Online or official policies of the Anaedo Online.