Iconic Family of Ezeobuo in Okpuno Nnewiichi, Nnewi, Anambra State have concluded plans on hosting their maiden get together event tagged ‘Ezeobuo Mass Return’ a momentous event scheduled for January 2nd, 2024 at the Obi Nnewichi Palace, Nnewi, Anambra State.
In a letter released to Anaedoonline.ng, the chairman of the planned event, Prince Chukwudi Onyekaba revealed the plans and activities lined up for the day to celebrate and entertain bonafied son’s and daughters of Ezeobuo Nnewich Nnewi.
Read the letter attached below:
Recently, the media was awash about Ezeobuo Mass Return/Get together coming up on 2nd January, 2024 which we understand you chair the planning committee. What is the inspiration?
Let me start by commending Chief Osita Nwosu led leadership of Ezeobuo Community who has worked very hard and who through his experience in community leadership and administration has reenergized and refocused the community to the path of unity, progress and pursuit of what advances the interest of the whole and wellbeing of the community. So, the forthcoming Ezeobuo Mass Return/Get together is part of the measures by the current leadership to get all sons and daughters of Ezeobuo to sit together and chart the way forward in all areas, rekindling community consciousness amongst the younger generation and taking cognizance of the need to make sure that the generations coming behind us does not become oblivious of our rich heritage and pioneering roles in various human endeavors hence losing the essence of who we are as a people.
Don’t forget that this is a community that gave the entire Igbo nation the first Anglican Bishop, Bishop L.M Uzodike of blessed memory, gave Nnewi her first medical doctor, Dr R.N Onyemelukwe of blessed, over four high court judges, the biggest pharmaceutical industrialist in West Africa (EMZOR PHARMACEUTICALS) Nnewi first Naval General, Real Admiral Harry Ngonadi RTD, being first in many human endeavors and can boast of being the community with the highest number of graduates, as well as Professors/Professionals per 1000 sqm in Nnewi.
This is quite impressive. So what are the activities lined up for the day?
The activities remain as announced by His Highness, Obi George Onyekaba during the world press conference. Suffice to say that we intends to;
1. Launching of Ezeobuo GROWTH and DEVELOPMENT plans. A development and sustainability plan in areas of Education, Politics, Socio-Cultural, Infrastructural Development, Environment, etc.
2. Launching of Ezeobuo Scholarship and Educational grant schemes to be administered by accomplished members of the family so as to provide support for educational pursuits of indigent indigenes of the community.
3. Launching of Empowerment Fund for Widows and Orphans to be administered by accomplished members of the family.
4. Award presentations to sons and daughters of Ezeobuo that have excelled in different areas of human endeavors and have contributed to the growth and development of the community.
5. Launching of Ezeobuo family tree, almanac, brochures which we expect that members of the various families in Ezeobuo should identify with by submitting their individual or family photographs.
6. Ezeobuo unity football competition amongst the families in Ezeobuo.
7. Ezeobuo Gala Night which will hold on the eve of the D day essentially as a social occasion for networking and enjoying various forms of entertainment, such as live music, comedy shows, beauty pageant, dance performances, and other recreational activities. We have a whole of activities lined up for the day and I assure you that it is going to be an enriching experience.
The programs you have marshaled out are quite ambitious. How do you intend to fund the event?
The truth is that since the unveiling of the program, we have received a lot of encouragement and assurances of support and partnership from sons and daughters of Ezeobuo from home and diaspora who has shown incredible excitement as they believe that this is an idea that its time has come.
Worthy of mention is Rt. Rev Ndubisi Obi, a worthy son of Ezeobuo and Bishop, Anglican Diocese of Nnewi who beyond mobilizing men and resources addressed a world press conference, throwing his heavy weight in support of the Mass return/Get together.
To the inspiring members of Ezeobuo Think Home led by Mr. H.A Ngonadi ,the executives of Ezeobuo Development Union, the members of the sub and central planning committees, thank you for your support and commitment to the success of the Mass return/Get together.
His Highness, Obi George Onyekaba, the family heads and the entire community has been very supportive and we are very grateful.
We are confident that the event will be a huge success and I implore all the members of the family to be a part of this epoch making event.
Prince Chukwudi Onyekaba, Chairman, Central Planning Committee, Ezeobuo Mass Return/Get Together 2024.
Follow us on Facebook
The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the author and forum participants on this website do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of Anaedo Online or official policies of the Anaedo Online.