UPDATE: Chelsea Set to Remove Todd Boehly as Chairman

UPDATE: Chelsea Set to Remove Todd Boehly as Chairman

by Victor Ndubuisi

According to Mail Sport, Todd Boehly has agreed to resign as Chelsea’s chairman in 2027 as part of an extraordinary agreement with the team’s American co-owners.

Every five years, they will alternate as chairman under the terms of the agreement.

It is expected that this change will take place at the end of the 2026–2027 season. Under the rules of the takeover agreement, Boehly is expected to be the first to step down despite owning a minority ownership.

UPDATE: Era of Roman Abramovich Comes To An End As Todd Boehly Takeover Chelsea

The club’s holding company is owned by Clearlake Capital, which is run by co-owners Behdad Eghbali and Jose Feliciano, to the tune of 61.5%. Boehly, Hansjorg Wyss, and Mark Walter split the remaining 38.5%.


It’s thought that Boehly’s appointment as the first chairman was influenced by the conditions of the 2022 sale agreement.

In the event of a sale or realisation event, Boehly’s group would be responsible for covering any initial losses, according the agreement.


Follow us on Facebook

Post Disclaimer

The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the author and forum participants on this website do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of Anaedo Online or official policies of the Anaedo Online.

You may also like