Pretoria-based defense and aerospace company Milkor has revealed the Milkor 380, the largest drone of its kind developed in Africa. This unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) has been in development for three years and seven months and recently completed a successful test flight.
- The Milkor 380 boasts a wingspan of 18.6 meters, offering continuous flight for up to 35 hours.
- It has a range of up to 2,000 kilometers and can reach a maximum altitude of 9,000 meters.
- The drone is operated by a team of three individuals on the ground, including a commander, a pilot, and someone to control the onboard equipment.
- Equipped with infrared and high-resolution cameras, the Milkor 380 can perform various tasks, such as intelligence gathering, offensive missions, observation, reconnaissance, border control, combating sea poaching, and conservation efforts.
- The primary purpose of this drone is to serve the defense industry for tasks like attacks, border control, conservation efforts, and anti-poaching missions.
- Once More, Russia Attacks Ukraine With Drones
- Finland Gives Nigerian Man Who Taught Himself How To Make Drones Automatic Employment (Video)
- FG Renames Ministry Of Aviation
The testing of the Milkor 380 took place in Cape Town in February 2023, in collaboration with the South African Air Force. Milkor plans to have four of these drones ready for the market by the end of 2023.
This development comes at a time when drones are playing an increasingly significant role in modern warfare, as evidenced by their use in the Ukrainian-Russian conflict, where drones have been used for reconnaissance and offensive purposes, marking a significant evolution in drone warfare.
The Milkor 380 presents a promising addition to the field of drone technology, offering extended flight capabilities, advanced camera systems, and versatility for a wide range of applications, from defense operations to environmental conservation efforts.
Follow us on Facebook
The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the author and forum participants on this website do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of Anaedo Online or official policies of the Anaedo Online.