AnaedoOnline
Featured Posts News

UPDATE: Suspected Killers Of Owo Church Worshippers Arrested

The Ondo State Security Network Agency, also known as Amotekun Corps, has detained a few alleged assailants of St. Francis Catholic Church in Owo.

Adetunji Adeleye, the state commander of Amotekun, said this on Thursday at the corps’ Akure headquarters during a parade of 71 offenders who had been detained all across the state.

Adeleye also revealed that the command found some of the weapons and vehicles used to carry out the June 5 terrorist attack on the church.

Owo Catholic Church Massacre: Suspects Allegedly Arrested In Ondo (Video)

He did not, however, provide the precise number of suspected terrorists who had been detained, but instead voiced confidence that all of the church assailants would be caught.

Advertisement

He said, “As regards the Owo incident, we have recovered the last vehicle they used for that operation and we made some arrests and we have also recovered some vital things which we are working on.

“A number of people have been arrested concerning the Owo issue as well as well number of equipment. On that day, we pursued them to the point that we recovered the vehicle and we are still pursuing them We have told you that until we get to the root, I can assure you that the perpetrators and their sponsors will be brought to book.”

Recall that during a Sunday service, gunmen invaded the Catholic church on Owa-Iuwa Street, murdering over 40 people and wounded another 70.

I Know A Name That Can Change Nigeria For Better – Pastor Adeboye

The Federal Government connected the Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP) to the terrorist assault in the historic town a few days after the tragic tragedy.

Following a meeting of the National Security Council presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari, the Interior Minister, Rauf Aregbesola, announced this while speaking to State House reporters.

The federal government has discovered the terrorists responsible for the murder of worshipers in Owo, according to the former governor of Osun State.

Advertisement

Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State quickly responded by disputing the assertion that ISWAP was responsible for the terrorist assault, stating that there is no proof that points to the terror group.

Owo Terrorists Attack: Tinubu Donates N75m To Victims, Church

Also, the Chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum and Governor of Ekiti State, Kayode Fayemi, disagreed with the federal government’s assertion.

Advertisement

 

Follow us on Facebook

Comments

comments

Advertisement
Post Disclaimer

The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the author and forum participants on this website do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of Anaedo Online or official policies of the Anaedo Online.

Stories you may like

Advertisement