Website: A New Pragmatic Approach To The Business World
By Victor Ofodeme
For any modern business to be viable and prosperous, it must have a website. Website, according to Wikipedia is defined as a collection of related network web resources, such as web pages, multi-media content, which are typically identified with a common domain name and published on at least one web server. Notable examples are Wikipedia.org, Google.com, Freshminds.ng, Anaedoonline.com.
The website can also be defined as a set of data and information about a particular subject which is available on the internet or a group of connected pages on the World Wide Web(WWW) containing information on a particular subject. A Website is mostly where people learn more about the information they seek about a business or a product or about a person.
The need to own a website has become a necessity in today’s business world. Website is now more like a shop where customers walk in to learn more about what they need and as well buy them. Website is no longer a billboard where people come to look at the pictorial design of a product but to communicate and get the information they seek about a product.
Website also serves as an advertising and marketing spot for small scale and large scale business. A business communicates their plan or new project to their customers through their website. Advises and lessons or procedures on how to use a particular product can also be passed on through the website. It is also important to note that your website can earn you money through google ads.
WHY YOU SHOULD OWN A WEBSITE ;
Statistics has it that Nigeria is 8th in the World on a number of internet users and 1st in Africa with over 84million internet users as at Dec. 2018. With population of above 180million people, Nigeria has about 74million active social media subscribers and about 11.2million Facebook subscribers; Nigeria also has about 114million active mobile phone users as of January 2014.
The business trend is now moving from offline to online. Most businesses and competitors are now moving online to market and sell their products, the question to ask is, ARE YOU DOING THE SAME?. Your target customers are online, take your business to them. Website will help expand your business to the world and also put your business on their palm through the use of phone and internet.
Moreso, through google ads on your website you can earn little money outside your established business.
DIFFERENT CATEGORIES OF WEBSITE ;
There are many categories of website, but we will discuss eight(8) popular ones with you.
1. Personal Website: This includes simple blogs without complicated features such as forms, payment management, User management, downloads management, etc.
2. Writers/ blogs/ Authors website: This includes a biography catalog of published books and works, perhaps excerpts from some works, Links to publication on other sites, a blog section, reviews and comments on the author’s publication. The idea is to build a fan base.
3. E-Commerce Website: This is like an online mart, where people go in to buy their products. Examples of this kind of websites are Jumia and Konga.
4. Portfolio Website: These are sites devoted to showing examples of past work. A Service provider who wants to show a potential client the quality of the work they provide can use a portfolio website to collect some of the best samples of past work they’ve done.
5. Media Website: This site collects news stories or other reports. Example, Anaedoonline.com
6. Business Website: This is any website that is devoted to representing a specific business. It should be branded as the business and /or services the business offers.
7. Non Profit Website: Just the same way businesses need websites to announce their presence online, non-profit organizations do so as well. A non-profit website is the easiest way for many potential donors to make donations and will be the first place many people look to learn more about a non-profit organic
The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the author and forum participants on this website do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of Anaedo Online or official policies of the Anaedo Online.